Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dumb and dumber



I got back to my desk after getting an electrode treatment at my podiatrist's this afternoon on the verge of tears.  He told me I should take another week off from running.  I just can't cope with that.  No. No. No.  I'm getting fat again.  I'm bored as hell.  I'm getting depressed.  I'm daydreaming about smoking.  And I have a 4 Miler this weekend. 

Yes, it was dumb to run on my foot when it was hurting.  It will potentially be dumber to run on it tonight against my doctor's recommendation.  I just can't help it.  I have to try.

Baby steps.

The thought of missing my race is killing me.  If I don't race, I'm supposed to go to my sister's husband's aunt's house for a party.  As much as I appreciate being invited to go to my sister's husband's aunt's house for a party, it makes me feel like a loser being there.  Like I couldn't find anyone more closely connected to me to spend new year's eve with than my sister's husband's aunt?

No. No. No.  I will not tag along on someone else's plans.  I will run.  I must run.  I may limp.  I will finish.

No comments: